Passions’ Tracey Ross

We trailed Tracey Ross on her cell phone and found out what Passions’ Dr. Eve gets into on her days off, what goes into a liver flush and why her son Bryce, 16, deserved a midday massage.

8:00 a.m. Good morning! I got out of bed at 7 and made some phone calls, because I’m going to a fasting retreat this weekend but I got an e-mail saying it was canceled. Fortunately, another one called me back and they have an opening. I’ll be there for five nights. For four days, you don’t eat. You just have water and then they break your fast on juices and fruit. I’ll sleep, think about food, make lists of all my favorite foods, look at cookbooks…(laughs).

10:10 a.m. I’m putting groceries from Whole Foods Market in the trunk and trying to pull out an apple, because I’m starving. I bought grapefruits, apple juice, sweet potatoes and apples. I’m thinking of doing a liver flush today. I’ve never done it before, but for the recipe, I need lots of pink grapefruit juice, apples and apple juice. The sweet potatoes are just in case I get hungry (laughs). Now I’m going to get some gas and pick up some household things from Target. I wish I could tell you I was having breakfast on the Eiffel Tower and it’s a lovely view, but I’m running errands in a dirty car.

12:10 p.m. I’m driving Bryce to an appointment for a massage. At Christmastime, we were in the Bahamas, and on the second day of our vacation, he dove off the beach into the ocean, hit a rock under the sand and broke his neck. He had to stay home for three months, because he couldn’t afford to slip, trip, get bumped or be in a car accident, so I told him once he was all healed, I would get him a massage for a present. I’m going to sit there and read my book, The Moor’s Last Sigh, by Salman Rushdie.

2:30 p.m. I just got home and let the dogs out in the yard. We have two golden retrievers: Oliver’s golden and Clem’s more of an ivory color. I’m always multi-tasking, so I’m paying bills at the same time as I’m working on the computer. I’m looking up more information on the fasting retreat I’m going to and I’m making sure I have all the information about how to do the liver flush.

4:45 p.m. I took the dogs for a walk down by the lake. Then we walked over to the boat and took a short ride from one side of the lake to the other. It’s a little electric boat. I left it at my friend’s dock and brought them home. Now they’re exhausted on the front porch. It was very windy, but it was nice. Just me and the dogs! Bryce went out to join his friends at Jamba Juice for their Friday-night-whatever-they-do.

6:00 p.m. I’m doing that liver flush thing now. It’s supposed to flush out all the cholesterol, potential gallstones and crap out of your liver. It’s olive oil, Epsom salts and grapefruit juice. This’ll be fun.

9:00 p.m. I haven’t gotten into anything. I haven’t had the house to myself the past three months, because Bryce has been home in the neck brace. It’s nice. I’m watching a little HDTV and then I’m going to bed.